The Panthers Youth Rugby Club is a non-profit organization whose mission is to teach and promote the game of rugby and to develop players’ skills, character, leadership and community awareness through recreational and competitive rugby practice.
Our Club was established in 2016 by a group of experienced and passionate coaches in the North of Bellevue, serving the general areas of North Bellevue, Redmond, Sammamish and Kirkland.
Our Club’s philosophy is centered around the core values of Rugby, which are shared by players, referees, and fans across the world:
- INTEGRITY – Integrity and Sportsmanship are central to the fabric of the Game and is generated through honesty and fair play
- PASSION – Rugby people have a passionate enthusiasm for the Game. Rugby generates excitement, emotional attachment and a sense of belonging to the global Rugby family
- SOLIDARITY – Rugby provides a unifying spirit that leads to lifelong friendships, camaraderie, teamwork and loyalty which transcends cultural, geographic, political and religious differences
- DISCIPLINE – Discipline is an integral part of the Game, both on and off the field, and is reflected through adherence to the Laws, the Regulations and Rugby’s core values
- RESPECT – Respect for team mates, opponents, match officials and those involved in the Game is paramount
Our coaching philosophy is to always play to win, but never at the expense of our Rugby principles or the safety of our players. The safety of our players is our absolute top priority, at practice and during games. Our coaching approach is to focus first and foremost on developing our players’ skills, character and positive competitive spirit, with the objective of helping them become accomplished rugby players.
Our team rosters across the 1st to 8th grades include a mix of experienced players and players new to the game. As a club we pride ourselves on coaching for all levels of experience, and making sure all players are challenged and encouraged to go beyond their current level of play.
Our coaches are central to our club philosophy, and come from all origins: New Zealand, Australia, France, South Africa, the United Kingdom, and of course the US. They embrace a coaching style that is demanding but always focused on having fun playing the game, at all ages.
Finally, as a club, we do not tolerate any form of misconduct, including bullying, harassment, hazing, as well as emotional, physical, or sexual misconduct.